Portsmouth Murder, Homicide, & Manslaughter Defense Lawyer
Committed & Capable Criminal Defense in New Hampshire & Massachusetts
Homicide allegations are the most serious accusations you can face. Your future and freedom will be seriously altered if you are convicted of taking the life of another. If you are under investigation for any type of homicide or were already charged, you need a defense attorney who has the requisite experience and legal skills to handle such a charge. We highly recommend that you turn to Wiberg Law Office, PLLC.
Talk to our Portsmouth homicide defense attorney in a free consultation about your case. Contact us at (603) 413-3080.
Attorney Wiberg has three decades of criminal law experience that can be utilized in creating a legal strategy based on the facts and circumstances of your situation. If hired, our team will investigate all aspects of your arrest and what led up to it to determine your legal options and the best way to defend you. With so much at stake, you should only rely on a defense attorney with the type of commitment and demonstrated results that you will find at our firm.
Types of Homicide in New Hampshire
The Criminal Code in New Hampshire outlines various types of homicide.
- Negligent homicide, which occurs when an individual is killed through negligence such as in a drunk driving accident
- Manslaughter, the killing of another through reckless behavior brought on by an extreme emotional or mental state of disturbance
- Attempted murder, in which you take a purposeful step towards killing another
- Second degree murder, which involves knowingly or recklessly causing the death of another
- First degree murder, which is purposely or knowingly causing another’s death or doing so while in the commission of another crime (such as armed robbery)
- Capital murder, intentionally causing another’s death with aggravating factors such as in an especially cruel or depraved manner, multiple victims, killing a police officer, or victims particularly vulnerable due to age, youth, or weakness
Penalties for any type of homicide will depend on the nature of the crime, previous criminal history, and other factors relevant to the case. All homicides are considered felonies punishable by extended prison terms.
You Are Not Alone
In the face of any type of homicide accusation, you are innocent until proven guilty. You can rely on the commitment of our Portsmouth homicide defense attorney and our legal team to explore every option available to you and to leave no stone unturned in building your defense. These are complex cases involving extensive investigation and analysis of evidence. Wiberg Law Office, PLLC has the skills, resources, and knowledge base that can make a difference in the outcome of your case.
Criminal Defense Focus With An Unmatched Depth of Knowledge
A Proven Track Record With Thousands Of Cases Handled
In-Jail Consultations & Flexible Appointment Times
Putting Three Decades of Experience Into Your Case
If you want an amazing lawyer, this is the person you go to. Sven was able to defend me and win at trial, it was a totally amazing ...- Rob L.
He not only had/has high standards, he had/has integrity. Rest assured that once he takes your case, he will represent you with ...- Therese